Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bicycles-Love Poems On Sale January 13th

I met Nikki Giovanni once. It was in Saks, on Michigan Ave in Chicago. I was standing at the make-up counter just finishing up with a client (I'm a makeup artist ... it pays the bills) when this powerful spirit, adorned in an over-sized bright neon orange suit, came sauntering in. She was so cool ... Nikki-Rosa, one of my favorite poems played over and over in my mind. We shook hands and exchanged brief pleasantries. What a beautiful smile-- I'll never forget it.



Bicycles - Love Poems

by Nikki Giovanni
In Stores: Jan. 13, 2009

check side panel for tour info



4 Comentários:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

She's incredible, isn't she? Love Poems is one of my favorite poetry books... I particularly love the piece she wrote for Tupac. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I am huge fan of her work! I also met her, and I agree she indeed as a powerful spirit and presence that is so humbling. She signed a copy of her book that I have Blues For All Changes. A few weeks ago I finished reading Black feeling, Black talk, Black judgement. That book has moved to the top of my favorite works from her.

Wholistic Skincare said...

Yes, ladies ... she is truly incredible. Thank you, Denene and Tru, so much, for sharing.

~Peace & Blessings

Anonymous said...

The thing I remember most about my meeting with Ms. Giovanni is her speed. I think she speaks so fast because her mind is busy conjuring new.

Post a Comment

Readers & Writers Blogs

Writer's Resources

Literary Resources

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Powered By Blogger
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Moon Lit Press © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO